Saturday, February 9, 2013

Woof Woof!

Anyone with younger siblings is totally going to be able to relate to this blog post.  And people who have older siblings will probably get a good laugh too because they were victims in similar situations of the story I am about to tell...

I have three siblings: Amber, Trey, and Tarah. I'm the oldest.  Amber is the second oldest behind me, while Trey and Tarah are the younger twins.  Amber, who is not so little anymore, couldn't wait to go to the same elementary school I was attending when we were younger.  I was in 5th grade while she was in 1st.  Since our school was within walking distance of the apartment we were living at, we walked to and from school.  

My oh my, how 1st graders are so gullible.  Especially Amber...  One day, while we were walking back home from school, I enlightened Amber on a newfound ability that I randomly thought of.  My new ability was the ability to communicate with dogs.  The Dog Whisperer.  Yes, and as far-fetched as that sounds, Amber ate it up.  Poor child...  

There were many dogs on the way to school.  One of which chased me one morning, but we will save that for another day.  So I had plenty of chances to show off my newfound talents to her.  When we heard a dog bark...

"Woof, woof!..."

I would bark back in my high pitched voice (puberty hadn't set in yet, so cut me some slack).  And poor Amber would look up at me with the biggest smile a 6 year old could muster.  

"What did you say to him??"
"Uh,"...*snickers*..."I said that...my name is Andre."
"Wowwww!!!.... That is sooooo coooool!!!"

Smh.  Poor, poor child...

To this day, Amber still remembers this experience; and we die laughing every time we talk about it. 






No comments: