Saturday, February 9, 2013

KFC in Eindhoven

KFC!!! In Eindhoven! Dream come true right?! Ehh not so much...

When you think of KFC, what do you think of?  Fried chicken? Mashed potatoes and gravy?  Mac and cheese?  Potato wedges?  Those heavenly BISCUITS?!  YES!  And after being in Europe, unaware of any KFC restaurants for almost half a year now, I was too eager to treat my taste buds the way they are supposed to be treated.

I feel like I was too eager as I approached the counter to make my order.  Of course, I started my order with, "Hello, do you speak English?"  Pretty sure that might have been the 1000th time I've said that...  But lucky for me, mostly everyone here speaks English.  That wasn't the problem.  The problem was when I asked for mashed potatoes and gravy instead of cole slaw...

"I'm sorry, we don't sell those."

Huh?!?!  No mashed potatoes?!  You got to be kidding me.

Taste buds= 0
Satan= 1

So I had to find an alternate option because I'm not a fan of cole slaw...

Me: "What can I get instead of cole slaw?"
Woman: "There is corn, more fries, or a small salad?"

O_o?!?!?

Salad?!?!  I'm at KFC!  There isn't supposed to healthy food here!  What am I gonna do with a salad???  (Sigh) Corn on the cob...I choose you *Ash Ketchum voice*.

Taste buds= 0
Satan= 2

It got to the point where I had to start talking to myself in my head to calm down.

Conscious: *It's ok Dre... They gotta at least have the heavenly biscuits*
Me: "Ok, maybe you are right... Can I have some biscuits please?"

The woman looked at me like I just uttered fluent Chinese.

Woman: Umm...I'm sorry, but we don't have those either.

EXCUSE ME?!?!  NO BISCUITS?!?!  This isn't KFC!!! This is a disgrace!! You can't even call it a bootleg KFC.  NO BISCUITS?!?!  Oh lawdy, lawdy, lawd!!!

Taste buds= 0
Satan= 3

My taste buds lost today.  May they rest in peace for the remainder of the day.  I did at least get some fried chicken.  Can't complain about that.  At least I know where I am going the instant I get back to the states.  The biscuit countdown begins...

No comments: