Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Free Time

Free time. My time. Invaluable time. As I get older, I find that it becomes more and more scarce. If I had to give advice concerning this topic, I would advise to choose hobbies that you enjoy doing; however, also try to find things that are productive and rewarding. It is always interesting to look back on life and witness your evolution as a person. What did you like to do when you were a kid? What do you like to do now? As we get older, our responsibilities don't add up...they multiply. With that being said, I think that what a person does with their free time speaks a lot on what kind of person he/she is. What kind of person are you? Let's talk about the two words separately.

Free. A concept that is pretty much nonexistent in our society today. So why don't we take this more seriously? I found myself asking this question recently. I take care of my obligations such as workouts and school. But then what? Sleep? Video games? Read a book? There are 24 hours in a day. My obligations only takes about 8-9 hours of the day. Up to this point in my life, a lot of my free time went to video games. It is something that I enjoy doing. But what am I getting out of playing video games? Nothing, really. So, I started looking for hobbies that I enjoy, but are also productive. Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted to learn to play piano. Currently, I practice the piano at least 30 minutes everyday. Also, I am starting to blog. I think this can help improve my writing skills and critical thinking. It can also be a process to find out more about myself and what my values and priorities are. Finally, but certainly not the least, I am reading the Bible. I want to be more knowledgeable on my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so, very blessed to have the opportunities and talents that I have today because of Him. It is up to me to find out as much as I can about Him and live through His Word. In order to live through His Word, I have to know what the Word consists of. So remember, this time is free. So don't pay the consequences by wasting it.

Time. Something so invaluable, so precious. It's unconscious and slows down for no one. It should be taken seriously because once a day goes by, you can't get it back. Make your life worthwhile. Take life a second at a time. Learn as much as you can. Make an impact on a life. Pursue your dreams. Love those precious to you. Bless those who dislike you. Be unforgettable. Time is short. It has the ability to stop all together; however, it only stops for an individual. Life goes on for the rest. The physical body can not compete with time. It just isn't possible. However, a memory can. Will your memory conquer time?

As I bring this entry to a close, I already feel productive by just typing my ideas down on this blog. It is one thing to talk about doing something; it is totally different to actually do it. Now that I talked about each word separately, it is time to put them back together. Free time. My time. Invaluable time. What will you do with it?  


No comments: